Smoky, sweet, spicy AND healthy! This vegan chili is delectably delicious and is also gluten-free. Make it as mild or spicy as you’d like.
Full Printable Recipe below! This is one of my favorite vegan dishes since it’s packed full of flavor. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know if you make it by tagging @MintPersonalChef and Happy Eating!
FULL Meal Prep Academy Course https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- 2 Each Medium-sized sweet potatoes small diced
- 1 Each Red Onion small diced
- 5-8 Each Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Each Red bell pepper small diced
- 1 Each Green bell pepper small diced
- 1 Bunch Kale stemmed and diced
- 1/2 Each Lime
- 1 Can Tomato sauce 15 ounce
- 1 Can Black Beans 15 ounce, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Red kidney beans 15 ounce, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle in Adobo sauce (depending how spicy, for mild to slightly spicy use 1-2 tsp. of the liquid.) Warning: Be careful! Chipotle is very spicy on its own.
- 1 Quart Vegetable broth (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Oregano dried
- 3-4 Tbps Olive oil
- Salt & pepper To Taste
- Green onions or Cilantro To Garnish, if desired
- Prepare the mise en place (AKA chop all the produce)
- Heat a pot on medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Saute the onion and bell peppers until lightly browned, season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the garlic, chili powder and oregano, stirring occasionally for a couple more minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, vegetable stock, lime juice, and chipotle. Bring up to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once it’s boiling, then turn down to a simmer and add in the beans and kale. Add the kale in batches until it cooks down if needed.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender. Top with more broth or water if needed while cooking.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Add more chipotle if more spice is desired. (Warning: Be careful! Chipotle is very spicy on its own.)
- Voila, your chili is ready to be savored!
- Once it’s ready, spoon into glass meal prep containers to cool down quickly before placing it in the fridge.
- Add some vegan sour cream or cheese on top
- Switch out the black/kidney beans for your favorite
- Use red wine vinegar instead of the lime if desired
- Enjoy for up to 10 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.