Chicken Piccata with Creamy Lemon Caper Butter Sauce is a tasty dinner or great for meal prep. Check out the full recipe below.
Let me know if you make it by tagging @MintPeronsonalChef
Chicken Piccata Recipe
Pan-seared Chicken with Creamy Lemon Caper Butter Sauce is a tasty dinner or great for meal prep.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 pound Chicken breast halved horizontally
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- .25 Cup Onion or shallot small diced
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- .5-1 Cup Chicken Broth or Vegetable
- 3-6 Tbsp. Butter (about ½ stick), cut into large cubes
- 1/2 each Lemon juiced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Capers
- To Taste Salt and black pepper
- As needed Fresh parsley or herbs for garnish (optional)
- Prep the ingredients: Cut the onion, garlic, lemon, butter, herbs and chicken (see YouTube Tutorial) and set them aside
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the flour over the chicken until it’s completely covered on both sides. Shake off the excess flour and set aside on a plate.
- On the stove, Heat a saute pan on high heat. Add the oil and heat for a minute.
- When the pan is hot, sear the chicken until golden brown. Flip it and sear on the other side. About 3 minutes or so on each side. (Don’t crowd the pan and cook in batches if needed.) When it's finished, set it aside on a plate or pan.
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat, heat the oil. (use a pan you just seared chicken in)
- Saute the onion until translucent for about 2-3 minutes, add the garlic & capers and cook 1-2 more minutes. (Stir frequently so it doesn’t burn) Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, wine and broth. Bring it up to a boil and cook down until reduced by about half. (about 5-10 minutes or so)
- Add 3 Tablespoons of butter and whisk frequently until incorporated and thickened. If not thick yet then add another 2-3 Tablespoons of butter and repeat. Turn the burner on low heat immediately after.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Transfer the chicken back to the baking pan and cover with the sauce to reheat.
- Plate it up and sprinkle with fresh herbs and enjoy!
- Enjoy with pasta, potatoes or rice.
- Consume within 5-6 days if refrigerated or 1 month if frozen.
- Great for meal prep too!