Learn to make Honey Garlic shrimp! It’s a quick and easy dinner that’s both healthy and satisfying. Option to make it spicy with Hot Honey!
Check out the full recipe bowl! Give me a shout out if you make it! @MintPersonalChef
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Learn to make Honey Garlic shrimp! It's a quick and easy dinner that's both healthy and satisfying. Option to make it spicy with Hot Honey!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 Pound Shrimp washed and peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp. Neutral flavored oil (I used avocado oil)
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ Cup Soy sauce or Tamari
- ¼ Cup Honey or Mike’s Hot Honey (spicy)
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice optional
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- To Garnish Fresh Basil or cilantro, optional
- In a small prep bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey and lime juice then set aside.
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- To devein: carefully hold a shrimp in one hand and using a sharp chef knife cut the back side of the shrimp making a small cut the entire length of the shrimp.
- Pull out the vein (usually it’s dark in color but it may have no color if clean). Discard the vein and set the shrimp aside in a clean bowl.
- Gently wash the shrimp in cold water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, set aside.
- On the stove top heat a saute pan on high heat and add 2-3 Tablespoons of oil.
- Once the pan is hot add the shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and In the same pan heat another tablespoon of oil.
- Add in the garlic and carefully cook for 2 or so minutes stirring often so it doesn’t burn.
- When the garlic is a light golden, add the liquid honey mixture and cook for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, coating it well with the sauce and finish cooking it through if needed.
- Plate it up to enjoy right away or plate for meal prep. Garnish with fresh basil if desired & enjoy!
- Add red pepper flakes or chili garlic sauce to make it spicy.
- Enjoy with steamed rice, noodles and/or your favorite veggies.
- If using for meal prep, cool down the shrimp for a few minutes in the freezer before plating in containers.