Southwestern Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini squash stuffed with a black beans corn filling, topped with cheese and baked it the oven for ultimate deliciousness! Makes a great lower carb dinner and is great for healthy meal prep! Get the full printable recipe below!
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge
Southwestern Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
Zucchini squash stuffed with a black beans corn filling, topped with cheese and baked it the oven
- 6 Each Zucchini squash
- 1/2 Each Red onion, small diced
- 3-4 Each Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼-½ each Jalapeno Optional
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 15 oz Corn Canned or 1 Cup Fresh corn
- 15 oz Black beans Canned, drained & rinsed
- 1 each lime (About 2-3 tsp. juice)
- 1/2 Each Bunch of Fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 4-5 Each Scallions diced
- 1 Cup Shredded cheese Mexican blend or cheddar
- 3-4 Tbsp. Olive or Avocado oil
- To Taste Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare all the ingredients: dice the onion, mince the garlic, chop the scallions and cilantro, slice the lime in half.
- For the zucchini: Cut the ends off of each zucchini, then slice each of them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini. Set aside. (See Youtube tutorial)
- Make the filling: Heat a saute pan on medium heat, add 2-3 Tablespoons of oil. Add the onion to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeno and saute for about 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the corn, black beans, lime juice and spices and saute for 2-3 more minutes. Stir well.
- Turn the heat off and remove from the stove. Add in the cilantro & scallions to the filling mixture and toss.
- Using a large spoon, scoop some of the black bean mixture to fill the center of each zucchini. Don’t be shy and fill it until it's a “heaping” mound.
- Top each Zucchini generously with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minute or until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown.
- Plate it up to enjoy right away or let it cool down and package for meal prep!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
- For spicy, add more jalapeno or red chili pepper flakes.