Taco Meat Recipe
Super Tasty ground beef taco meat using spices, herbs, onions & garlic. It's a quick and tasty dinner or meal prep.
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 pound Ground Beef (or sub ground turkey or chicken)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 3-4 each Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- To Taste Salt & black pepper
For Assembling the Tacos
- As needed Tortillas or taco shells
- Shredded romaine
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend or Queso Fresco
- Anything else you love!
- Chop the onion and garlic and set aside. Prepare the spices in a prep dish and set aside.
- In a medium-large saute pan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Season the meat generously on both sides with salt & pepper. When the pan is hot, sear the beef. When beef is browned on both sides (about 3 minutes per side), remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and Add 1 T. oil to the same pan and saute the onion until light brown.
- Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more, be careful not to burn
- Add the spices to the pan. Add the meat back to the pan and using a fish spatula or a flat spatula break apart the meat while incorporating the other ingredients as well. When the beef is broken apart into smaller dime-sized bits then let it continue to cook until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes or so.
- When the beef is cooked give it a taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Plate it up and enjoy with your preferred toppings.
- Use lettuce cups for low-carb
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings like avocado, salsa, cilantro or sliced radish.
- Package everything in separate containers for meal prep.