This delectable appetizer straight from the Mint dinner menu! It’s one of our favorites and now I’m sharing to recipe tutorial with you!! Impress your guests by whipping this up for your next dinner party or get together! 👌🏽🍽🍷🤤
Full printable recipe below. Happy Eating!
-Chef Julie & The Mint Team 👩🏻🍳🌱
Brie Puff Pastry with Fig Jam
- Muffin pan
- Cutting board
- Pastry brush or spoon
- 2 teaspoons for plating
- 8 Ounces Brie cheese (about ½ of a round container)
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry, thawed (usually 2 sheets come in a box)
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Fig Jam
- Fresh thyme sprigs To Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Layout the puff pastry on your cutting board. Using your knife cut into thirds lengthwise. Rotate the puff pastry and cut into thirds again forming 9 individual squares.
- Grease the muffin pan with some of the butter or a non-stick spray.
- Very gently press one of the dough squares into the muffin pan. Repeat for all the squares.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small pan on the stove top. Using your pastry brush or a spoon, brush the tops of the pastry.
- ake for 10-12 minutes. In the meantime cut the brie into 9 each wedges.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and top with the brie. Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until the brie is melted and the pastry is slightly browned.
- (If you’re planning to eat these later on then just before eating, warm in the oven and continue with “plating instructions” when you’re ready.)
- Place 2 or 3 of the pastry squares in the center of a plate.
- Using your teaspoons, scoop about 1 tsp. Of jam and use the other spoon to shape it into a quenelle (AKA a football shape), then place on top of the melted brie. Repeat for all the pastry squares.
- Top with some fresh thyme and enjoy right away!
- If you’re planning to eat these later on then just before eating, warm in the oven and continue with “plating instructions” when you’re ready.
- Use your favorite jam instead of fig!
- Top with some bacon or pancetta