Learn to easily peel and chop a head of garlic in this tutorial. Full written directions below!
Fresh is best when it comes to garlic. Learning how to easily peel and chop it will speed up your cooking process and you’ll have more flavorful dishes.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mintpersonalchef/ Facebook
Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100 Full
Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/mintpersonalchef/
How to Peel & Chop Garlic
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Small prep bowl
- 1 each Head of garlic
- Start by peeling back some of the top layers of the skin and discard them.
- Release a few of the outer cloves
- Using the chef's knife chop the root end off of the head as well as the root end of any individual cloves.
- Using the flat side of the knife, place it on top of an individual clove and press down with the opposite hand on the flat side of the knife (not the sharp edge!). Give it more pressure or a good hit if needed. Repeat with all of the garlic cloves.
- Now the clove should easily release from the skin. Peel all the garlic cloves and place in a small prep dish.
- Clean the cutting board before chopping the garlic.
- Using a rocking motion, slice the garlic cloves. For minced garlic, place the cloves into a pile and cominute to mince until it's as fine as you need. Using the blade of the knife, push the garlic back into a pile and repeat.
- See the full YouTube tutorial as a reference.
- After chopping the garlic, if you're not using it right away cover with a little oil until ready to use. This will help preserve it.