Learn how to make my Coffee Spice rub AND Pan-seared Steak recipe using Capresso coffee! ☕️😍❤️
If you love steak and coffee you need to try this recipe! Super easy and delish 🤤 Check out the full printable recipe below! Let us know if you made it by tagging @MintPersonalChef in your food photos.
This offer is exclusively for Mint followers. Sign up for our newsletter and get the code instantly: https://mailchi.mp/9c6167ca8cd5/cg6yvq1dk3
Coffee Spice Rub
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Tsp Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger powder (optional)
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Brown sugar or sugar of choice
- 2 Tbsp. Finely ground coffee
- Mix all the spices together well in a mixing. Use your finger to break up the sugar if needed.
- Store in an airtight container. Use on meats, vegetables to add a burst of flavor! (see my coffee rub pan-seared steak recipe)
Pan-seared steak with Coffee Spice Rub
- Saute pan (oven-safe or use an additional oven safe pan)
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 20-32 ounces Steak about 1.5 – 2 pounds, preferred cut – I used ribeye
- 3-4 Tbsp. Olive oil or oil of choice
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Coffee spice rub (see separate recipe)
- Prep the spice mix ahead of time
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the pan on medium heat, and add 2-3 Tablespoons of oil
- Season the steak with salt and generously with the spice mix
- On medium heat, Pan sear the Steak in the hot pan until it’s lightly browned on both sides. (the spices burn easily so turn down the heat or remove from heat if you see they’re starting to burn.
- Transfer to an oven safe pan and bake for about 5-8 minutes until cooked to desired temperature.
- Remove from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice on a bias with the chef knife
- Plate it up – place sliced meat on a plate and pour any juices from the pan right on top. Enjoy your delicious coffee rub steak!