In this tutorial, learn how to make Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls using your favorite veggies! For this recipe I used cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, mixed greens, fresh mint, & cilantro. They’re gluten-free and vegan/plant-based and low carb!
Get the full readable step-by-step recipe below.
Peanut Dipping Sauce recipe (goes great with these!)
Hope you enjoy this tutorial and recipe. Happy Eating!
Check out our social accounts!
Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Plate or pan (to soak the rice paper wrappers. At least ½” thick.)
- Damp clean towel or paper towel
- Meal prep container or tupperware for storing the rolls.
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper
- 1 each Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 each Carrot
- 1 each Cucumber
- 5-6 cups Mixed greens or chopped lettuce of choice
- As needed Fresh mint, cilantro or basil leaves
- 10-12 Rice paper wrappers (10 inches. Can be found in the Asian/International section of the grocery store)
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil or neutral flavored oil (to keep the rolls from sticking to each other)
- Prep the veggies. Slice red and yellow bell pepper and cucumber into thin strips, peel and shred the carrot, and pick the herbs leaving just the leaves. Place the ingredients on a plate and set aside.
- In a pan or plate place about 1 cup of water and 1 Tbsp rice vinegar. Make sure that the rice paper will fit and is completely submerged.
- Set up a “rolling station” on the counter - First the wraps, then the water, the cutting board or counter space, veggies/filling and the container for storing them.
- One at a time, wet a single rice paper wrapper for about 5-10 seconds and place it on a smooth, clean surface.
- In the center of the wrap, place the red and yellow bell peppers, shredded carrot, mint leaves, and cilantro in the center.
- Carefully fold the wrapper edge that is closest to you over the filling until it’s just covering the ingredients, and gently pull it back towards you putting a little pressure so that it hugs the filling. Then fold each side in towards the center. Continue to roll it over (away from you) until a roll is formed and all the ingredients are tightly secured. (almost the same procedure in rolling a sushi or burrito).
- Place in the container and cover with a damp paper towel or clean cloth and repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings until all the filling is used up.
- Gently rub the top of each roll with a little bit of oil. Place a piece of parchment paper in between the layers of rolls.
- Serve immediately or prep 1 day ahead.
- Use your favorite veggies for the filling.
- Other great ingredients for the filling: Japanese mayonnaise, mango, avocado, crab, red cabbage, vermicelli noodles, cooked shrimp, or even meat for the filling.
- Use your favorite dipping sauce like Peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce!