Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Classic Creamy Mashed Potatoes made from scratch. In this recipe I share how to easily make my comforting classic potatoes! The ingredients are so simple, just russet potatoes, butter, milk or cream and salt and pepper. Mash them with a hand potato masher or a ricer. Get the full recipe below. Happy Eating!
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Classic Creamy Mashed Potatoes made from scratch. In this recipe I share how to easily make my comforting classic potatoes!
Servings: 6 servings
- Potato masher or ricer
- 1 medium - large pot
- Strainer or colander
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes
- ½ Cup Butter (1 stick)
- 2 Cups Whole Milk (or preferred milk of choice)
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- Fill the pot about ⅓-½ of the way up with water and set near the cutting board.
- Prep the potatoes:
- Peel the skin off all the potatoes. Place the potato directly in the pot of water after peeling. (Quickly rinse the potato first if there’s any dirt left on it)
- Dice all the potatoes into a large dice: remove from the water then cut in half lengthwise, then half again. Turn sideways and dice into even 1-2” thick cubes.
- Place the diced potatoes back into the pot of water.
- Place the pot on the stove, turn on high heat to bring it up to a boil. Boil the potatoes until they’re soft and tender, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Test by inserting a fork into one piece of potato, it should insert easily. If not, then continue to boil.
- Remove from the heat and strain in a colander. Strain half at a time if needed to avoid steam burns.
- Place the butter at the bottom of the pot that the potatoes were in.
- Mash the potatoes
- If using a ricer: scoop some of the potatoes into the ricer, then press down until to push the potatoes through. Repeat until all the potatoes are riced.
- If using a hand potato masher: add the potatoes back to the pot and mash thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the milk. Whisk well to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. If you want the potatoes a little lighter/thinner then add a little more milk and continue to whisk.
- Serve hot immediately or let them cool down before packaging.
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
- Use heavy cream or half and half instead of milk
- Use a plain non-dairy milk or butter alternative to make this recipe non-dairy/ vegan