Quick honey mustard baked chicken recipe. It’s sweet, savory and quick to make for dinner or meal prep. First I show how to make a three ingredient honey mustard sauce. Then we season and pan-sear the chicken before baking it with the honey mustard sauce. After it’s removed from the oven I show how to slice it nicely and plate it up. This is a flavorful, quick healthy meal that’s great for the family or for meal prep. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Get the full printable recipe below!
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium-large Saute pan
- 1 medium-sized baking pan
- Whisk or fork
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 2-2 1/2 pounds Chicken breast or thighs fat removed
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ⅓-½ Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce or Gluten-free tamari
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil or neutral flavored oil
- To Taste Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Make the honey mustard sauce: Combine the mustard, honey and soy sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk well until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- On the stove, Heat a saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat for a minute or two.
- When the pan is hot, sear the chicken until golden brown. Flip and sear on the other side. About 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken back to the baking pan and cover generously with the honey mustard sauce. (reserve some of the sauce on the side if desired)
- Place the pan in the oven and finish cooking the chicken until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. (Check with a meat thermometer if desired. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.)
- Remove, and enjoy right away whole or let sit for a couple minutes before slicing. (For slicing: Using a chef’s knife, make even cuts on a bias.)
- Top with the remaining sauce left in the baking pan and enjoy!
- Consume within 5-6 days if refrigerated or 1 month if frozen.
- Use for meal prep if desired