Quick and creamy hummus. This classic hummus recipe is so good you’ll never want to buy store bought hummus again. It uses fresh lemon, garlic, tahini and its gluten-free and vegan! Get the full recipe below!
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
- Small food processor or blender
- Colander or strainer
- 2 - 15oz Cans Garbanzo beans (AKA Chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2-3 Each Garlic cloves sliced
- ¼ Cup Parsley or fresh herb of choice, stems removed (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice (about ½-1 each)
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. Paprika (optional to garnish)
- Prep the beans. Drain and rinse them then set aside. Prep the garlic, parsley and lemon if using.
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor plus ¼ cup of water and process until smooth.
- a. If it’s having a hard time processing, then add 1-2 more Tbsp of water or lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. It may need a touch more salt, pepper or lemon juice.
- Plate in a bowl and smooth with the back end on a spoon. Drizzle the top with more olive oil and sprinkle a little paprika and fresh herbs on top if desired.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Mix-ins that go great with this recipe: Grilled artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, or fresh herbs like basil, cilantro or rosemary.
- Serving for a party appetizer: Prep it ahead. When ready to serve plate in a bowl, smooth the top with a spoon. Drizzle with Extra Virgin olive oil and top with fresh herbs and paprika if desired.
- For individual meal prep or an easy snack: Use smaller 1 cup meal prep containers. (Great for portion control!)