Blackened Shrimp, Goat Cheese Polenta, Sautéed Spinach & Mushrooms Recipe
Quick and easy cooking dinner! Live Cooking Demo with Chef Julie (previously recorded). Get the Full Printable Recipe below!
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
How to cook blackened shrimp
Servings: 4 servings
- Saute pan
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 2 pounds Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3-4 Tbsp. Olive oil or oil of choice
- 1-2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- .5 tsp Coriander ground
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme Sub oregano if desired
- ⅛-¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (optional for spicy)
- 1 each Fresh lemon optional (about 2-3 tsp. of juice)
- Prep the Spice Mix: blend all the spices and thyme together in a small bowl, set aside
- Heat the pan on medium high heat, and add 2-3 Tablespoons of oil
- In a mixing bowl, season the shrimp with salt, pepper and generously with the spice mix
- Pan sear the shrimp in the hot pan until it’s blackened, toss to cook through. It should cook in just a few minutes depending on how big the shrimp is.
- To check if the shrimp is done, carefully remove one from the pan using tongs and cut in half, the shrimp should be opaque/white. If it’s still raw then give it another minute. If the shrimp is already blackened you could add 1-2 Tablespoons of water to the pan to help finish cooking the shrimp and to prevent it from blackening further or burning.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon over the shrimp if desired.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Plate it up or cool down for meal prep. Garnish with lemon slices. Enjoy your delicious healthy meal!
Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 3 Cups Milk or water
- ½ Cup Goat cheese
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herbs (optional)
- In a sauce pot bring the milk or water up to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and let the polenta cook for about 10-15 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Whisk it the goat cheese until incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. The polenta should be smooth and not gritty, if so continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Plate and enjoy immediately or use for meal prep!
Sauteed Spinach & Mushrooms
- 1.5-2 Cups Mushrooms button or shiitake
- 1/2 Cup Onion small diced or minced
- 2-3 Each Garlic cloves minced
- 4-5 Cups Spinach washed
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Balsamic or red wine vinegar (optional)
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. (FYI - you can’t over these until they’re burned)
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Optional - add vinegar or lemon the last minute.
- Add half of the spinach and stir until wilted then add the second half and sauteed until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Enjoy right away or cool down and use it for meal prep!