Learn how to easily cut endive and prepare a delicious apple endive appetizer that healthy and refreshing. I love this recipe as a quick snack since it’s low calorie and low carb but still flavorful and satisfying. It has a crunchiness from the apples, walnuts and endive. The flavors are so clean and fresh that it leaves you with the feeling that you’ve made the right snack decision. Not to mention it’s eye appealing for a party appetizer and looks high effort but doesn’t take that long to make!
(Gluten-free and Vegan) Get the full printable recipe below and let me know if you try it by tagging @MintPersonalChef
Apple Endive Appetizer
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Mixing bowl
- 1 Each Apple of choice (I used Fuji), finely diced
- 1/2 Each Shallot minced
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts roughly chopped (sub for almonds if desired)
- ½ Each Fresh lemon (about 1-2 Tablespoons of juice)
- To Taste Fresh Tarragon (or sub for fresh basil), picked and roughly chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- ¼ Cup Feta cheese optional
- Prep all the ingredients and as you chop them add to the mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, olive oil and mix it well. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and lemon juice if needed.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
- Best when enjoyed fresh
- Substitute pears for the apples
- Add in some feta or goat cheese
- Use your favorite nut or herb instead