Learn to make my cheesy baked black bean dip. It’s hot, delicious and super cheesy. Great for a party appetizer or meal prep for a weekly snack! It’s gluten free and vegetarian. Make it spicy by adding more jalapeño if you can take the heat!
Full Printable Recipe down below.
Let us know if you tried this recipe by tagging @MintPersonalChef
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Small food processor or blender
- Baking dish or oven safe meal prep glass dish
- 2 - 15oz cans Black beans drained and rinsed
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp. Green onion chopped (save some for garnish if desired)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 1-2 tsp. Fresh Jalapeno (optional, add more if desired)
- 1-1.5 Cup Sour cream
- 1-2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Shredded mexican cheese blend (like colby jack, cheddar, etc.)
- Salt and pepper To Taste
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the onions, garlic, jalapeno, and scallions
- On the stove heat a saute pan on medium, add the oil and saute the onions until translucent and slightly browned, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn
- Add in the lime juice and remove saute pan and set aside.
- Place the black beans, onions/garlic, green onion, sour cream, oregano & salt/pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth. (Set some black beans aside before blendning if you want it to be more chunky)
- Remove and mix in any remaining black beans
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Evenly fill the baking dish with bean mixture then top generously with the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and light brown on top/edges, approximately 20-25 minutes
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serving for party appetizer: Prep it ahead but wait to bake it until the day of. Pull out of the fridge 15 minute prior to baking, then bake and serve hot.
- For individual meal prep: Use smaller 1-2 cup oven-safe glass dishes. (Great for portion control!)
- Lower fat alternative - Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream
- Serve as an appetizer or snack for the week.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable crudites (baby carrots, celery, bell peppers, etc.)