Easy and delicious Greek Chicken Skewers with lemon & oregano. They are full of flavor and not to mention healthy too. Use for meal prep or your next dinner party. Make in a saute pan or on the grill.
Get the full printable recipe below!
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Greek Chicken Skewers with Lemon & Oregano Recipe
- Bamboo Skewers (preferably small-size)
- Saute pan
- Sheet pan
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 2 Pounds Chicken breast or thighs fat removed
- 1-2 Tbsp. Oregano dried
- 1 Each Lemon cut in half
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prep the skewers: Soak the skewers in water for 15 minutes so they don’t burn. You can skip this step if desired.
- Dice the chicken into large cubes.
- Skewer the chicken: In the center of the chicken cube, gently press the skewer through, leaving about 1 inch free at the top of the skewer.
- Repeat until the skewer is filled with the chicken and all the chicken has been used up.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (for easier clean-up). Place all the skewers on the pan and season both sides with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Heat a saute pan on medium-high, add about 2 Tablespoons of oil so it coats the bottom of the pan.
- When hot add the chicken skewers to the pan and sear. Leave a little space between each skewer and don’t crowd the pan. Cook in 2 batches if needed.
- Flip the skewers and sear on the other side. Squeeze a good amount of lemon on top of the skewers (to taste). The skewers should be a deep golden brown color. Remove from the pan and transfer to a sheet pan.
- Pro-tip: After removing the chicken, add about 2 Tbsp of water to the “drippings” and then pour the liquid over the top of the chicken before baking (so much flavor!)
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and finish cooking the chicken until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer if desired. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove and enjoy right away or let cool and use for meal prep!
- Consume within 5-6 days if refrigerated or 1 month if frozen.
- Enjoy with a Greek salad or Tzatziki sauce.