Corn Chowder Recipe (Gluten-Free + Vegan Option)
Creamy Corn Chowder that’s Gluten-free & can be Vegan/Dairy-free as well. A comforting soup for winer that you need in your fridge & life! Option to make it spicy if you want too.
Check out the full printable recipe below and let us know if you tried it by tagging @MintPersonalChef
For my Mint Meal Prep Academy Course visit: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/pages/coming_soon
Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe (Vegan) Recipe
How to make creamy corn chowder. It's gluten-free and can be Vegan/dairy-free too!
Servings: 4 People
- Medium-large Pot
- Knife and cutting board
- Small prep bowls
- 2-3 T Olive oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 1/2 C Onion small diced
- 4-5 Each Garlic cloves minced
- ½ C Red bell pepper small diced (or pepper of choice)
- ½ C Celery
- 2 C Yukon gold potatoes (about 5-6 each)
- 3-4 Each Ears of corn (about 1.5-2 cups) Use canned or frozen if desired
- 1 Cup Coconut milk/ Non-dairy creamer OR real cream (if not vegan)
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- 32 Ounces Vegetable broth (about 4 Cups)
- ¼-½ Each Jalapeno or serrano (if desired to add a little spiciness)
- Fresh Chives or scallions To garnish if desired
- Start by chopping up the onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, potatoes and corn. Set aside in separate bowls.
- Turn burner on medium-high heat. In a medium-large pot, saute the onions for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the corn, bell pepper and celery to the pot (Add spicy pepper here if using). Stir occasionally until translucent and starting to brown slightly.
- Add in the garlic and potatoes the last 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasonings
- Immediately add the vegetable broth and bring up to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and soften.
- Turn off the heat. Pour a couple cups of the soup along with the cream into a blender and let cool slightly.
- Puree until smooth, then stir back into the soup. Repeat step six if you like a more creamy/smooth soup, otherwise if you like it on the chunkier side then move on to finishing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve hot and enjoy a bowl right away!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
- When ready to package into containers, split it up among a few containers first and let cool significantly before putting it away in the fridge. (about 20-30 minutes or so)
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze to last up to 3 months.
Serving: 5g | Calories: 229kcal