Use those ripe bananas up using my healthy & delicious Banana Oatmeal cookies recipe. It’s vegan AND gluten-free! Customize it with your choice of nut butter & dairy-free milk. They’re so good that I ate 7 of them straight out of the oven!
For the full printable recipe see below! Happy eating!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan+Gluten-Free)
- Sheet pan
- 1 Medium to large Mixing Bowl
- 1 fork or whisk
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Parchment paper for lining the pan
- 1/2 Cup Nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 Cup Mashed banana about 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 1 Cup All-purpose Gluten-free flour or sub Almond or coconut flour & double the flax “egg”
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 each Flax “egg” (1 Tbsp. ground flax meal mixed with 1 Tbsp. water)
- ¼ Cup Non-dairy milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 . tsp Baking powder
- 1-1.5 tsp. Cinnamon or Pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/4 . tsp Salt
- Oil or spray for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, Mash the banana, nut butter & sugar using a fork or potato masher
- Mix in the vanilla, flax egg, milk and mix well.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon) and stir to combine.
- Line the pan with parchment paper or grease with oil.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy warm right away or keep in an airtight container for up to a we
- Optional add-ins: dried cranberries, blueberries, pecans, almonds, anything you like!
- You could replace the flax egg with a real egg for non-vegan or skip it all together and add another ¼ cup of nut butter