Date Oat Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Delicious muffins with dates, oats, chocolate chips, coconut & cinnamon. 😍🥥🍫Switch out for your favorite “add-ins”. Great for breakfast or a mid-day treat👌🏽 Check out the full printable recipe below & let us know if you tried them by tagging @MintPersonalChef
Date Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Muffin pan
- 1 Medium to large Mixing Bowl
- 1 fork or whisk
- Measuring cups & spoons
- 1 Cup Rolled oats (use Gluten-free if desired)
- 1 Cup All purpose flour (use AP Gluten-free flour if desired)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 8 Ounces Butter substitute non-dairy if desired
- 2 Each Eggs
- 1.5 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Dates seeded, chopped
- 1 Cup Milk Substitute non-dairy milk or water if desired
- 1.5 Tsp Cinnamon or Pumpkin pie spice mix (plus more for top)
- 1/2 Cup Dark or semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Oil (for greasing pan)
For Garnish (Optional)
- Extra chocolate chips, coconut & cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter on low heat until completely melted.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients - oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, oats, chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Do not over mix.
- Coat the pan with oil, then fill 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Add more coconut, cinnamon & chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until cooked through. A toothpick should come out clean with no dough when inserted into the center.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy warm right away or keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Optional add-ins: dried cranberries, blueberries, pecans, almonds, anything you like!