Coffee Maple Glazed Carrots Recipe
Coffee Maple Glazed Carrots
COFFEE Maple Glazed Carrots recipe 😱🥕☕️First the carrots are roasted on coffee beans and then topped with a glazed made with Capresso coffee, maple syrup & a little chili pepper for a bit of a kick
Servings: 4 people
- Medium-sized roasting or sheet pan
- Small pot
- 2 Each Bunches of carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil or oil of choice
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 1-2 Cups Whole coffee beans (omit using these if desired)
- Fresh mint or herbs to garnish
For the Coffee Maple Glaze
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Fresh brewed coffee
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar (optional)
- 1-2 Tsp Red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Chili powder or Ancho powder
- ¼ – ¼ tsp. Red chili pepper flakes
- To Taste Salt
Instructions for Roasted Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and chop the top end off. Cut in half lengthwise – this will cut down on the roasting time. (unless your carrots are on the thinner side)
- Place coffee beans to cover the bottom of the roasting pan. (skip this step if desired)
- Toss carrots with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of the coffee beans and roast in the oven until tender and you can easily cut with a knife. Approximately 45-60 minutes or so.
- While the carrots are roasting make the coffee maple glaze.
Instructions for Coffee Maple Glaze
- On low heat, add the butter to the sauce pan until melted
- Add the chili powder and cook for 1 min, stirring a bit so it doesn’t burn
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring up to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Stirring occasionally until reduced by about two-thirds and thickened.
- Drizzle on top of the roasted carrots. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
- You can use the Coffee maple glaze on many other dishes such as meats, veggies or even desserts. It’s spicy sweetness will pair well.
- Try adding some sour cream or creme fraiche on top.