Blackened Salmon & Garlic Kale Recipe
Delicious Blackened Salmon with sautéed garlic kale! It’s Low Carb, Gluten-free, Keto and super easy to make. No need to sacrifice flavor while trying to eat healthy!
Check out the full printable recipe below and let us know if you try it by tagging @MintPersonalChef
Happy Eating! -Chef Julie & The Mint Team
Blackened Salmon & Garlic Kale
Delicious Blackened Salmon with sautéed garlic kale! It's Low Carb, Gluten-free, Keto and super easy to make.
- Saute pan
- Small pan to bake salmon
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 12 Ounces Salmon cleaned and portioned (remove the skin if desired)
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil or oil of choice
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 1 Each Shallot minced
- 2-3 Each Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Bunch Purple Kale
- 4-5 Each Mushrooms (button or shiitake) Optional
- 1-2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander ground
- 1 Tsp Thyme dried or fresh, Sub oregano or Italian herbs if desired
- ⅛ Tsp Cayenne pepper (optional for spicy)
- 1 Each Fresh lemon optional (about 2-3 tsp. of juice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prep all the ingredients & set aside: cut the salmon, garlic, shallots, kale, make the spice mix
- Spice Mix: blend all the spices and thyme together in a small bowl
- Heat the pan on medium high heat, and add 2 Tablespoons of oil
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and generously with the spice mix
- Pan sear the salmon in the hot pan until it’s blackened (medium- dark brown) on both sides. Then transfer to an oven safe pan and bake for about 5-8 minutes until cooked through.
- While the salmon is finishing in the oven, cook the kale. In the same pan you seared the salmon in and 1-2 more Tablespoons of oil on medium low heat.
- Add the shallot and mushrooms if using, saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn. Add a little more oil if it looks dry.
- Add the kale and toss with tongs. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice. Cook until the kale is wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Plate it up – First the kale, then the salmon on top. Garnish with lemon slices. Enjoy your delicious healthy salmon!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
Serving: 2g | Calories: 481kcal