Learn to make fresh basil pesto with pasta recipe. First I make the pesto cream sauce from scratch which is always the most delicious then toss it with whole wheat penne pasta. Feel free to use your favorite pasta or use the sauce to go with chicken or vegetable dishes.
Full printable recipe below. Let us know if you make it by tagging @MintPersonalChef in your food pics. Happy Eating!
-Chef Julie & The Mint Team
Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta
- 1 medium – large pot
- 1 colander or strainer
- 1 recipe Basil pesto (below) or you could use premade, although fresh is best!
- 1 pack (1 pound) Dried or fresh pasta of choice
- ½-3/4 Cup Heavy cream or sub a non-dairy alternative of choice or omit
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter or olive oil
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- As needed Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- As needed Shredded parmesan to garnish
- Blend all the ingredients for the basil pesto recipe below. Leave the pesto in the food processor /blender.
- Add the cream and blend together. Taste and add more cream if desired.
- Boil the pasta until “al dente” or your preferred doneness
- Drain the pasta, place back in the pot with the butter or oil and toss.
- Mix in the creamy basil pesto sauce
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Enjoy hot right away and garnish with fresh basil!
Basil Pesto Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- 1 handful Basil Leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic Chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan
- 2-3 tbsp Pine nuts or any other nuts
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Wipe down sides and blend again. Adjust seasonings and ingredients to taste.