Learn to make my Chocolate Creme Brulee Recipe! It’s creamy, chocolatey & super delish!
Another exclusive recipe from the MINT Dinner party menu. Impress your guests with this dessert recipe at your next dinner party. Learn my version in this video. The full printable recipe is below – let us know if you make it by tagging @MintPersonalChef
-Chef Julie & The Mint Team 🌱
Chocolate Creme Brûlée Recipe
- 6 each 8-oz Ramekins or Oven safe dishes
- Small pot
- Mixing bowl
- Blow torch for brûlée (or enjoy without the brûlée)
- 1 Each Egg
- 5 Each Egg yolks (4 egg if extra large eggs)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar plus 2-3 T. more for coating
- 3 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips (8 ounces) We used bittersweet
- 1 Tsp Instant coffee (optional)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Fresh mint and berries or candied zest (optional) To garnish
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Place ramekins on a sheet pan. Make sure it’s deep enough to fill with water halfway up the ramekins.
- Whisk together all the eggs and sugar, set aside.
- Pour the cream in the small pot and heat on medium. Bring up to a simmer, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn. Be careful that it doesn't boil over. Remove from the heat immediately after it comes up to temp.
- Stir in the chocolate & espresso into the cream until it
- Very slowly whisk the melted chocolate into the egg mixture: whisking the eggs continuously as you’re pouring the chocolate in (this will prevent the eggs from scrambling).
- If desired transfer to a pourable cup and pour evenly into the ramekins.
- Very carefully add hot water half way up the ramekins and gently place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Gently tap the ramekin to check if its finished – it should jiggle slightly but not a ton. If it’s too jiggly then bake 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool to room temp. Remove from the water and wrap well before refrigerating. Place in fridge until firmed, about 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle a little sugar to cover the entire surface so it’s a thick layer. Shake off excess if you added too much.
- Using your blow torch carefully burnthe sugar moving the torch back and forth 1-2 inches about the surface creating an even burn. It should be golden brown in color.
- Add a garnish right away on top before it hardens.
- Enjoy your delicious creme brûlée!
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons of liquor if desired to the batter
- Enjoy as-is without the brûlée if you don’t have a torch