How to make my delicious Shrimp Scampi! 🦐🍝
It’s a simple recipe that does not disappoint. I love making this for my meal prep clients that don’t mind a little gluten & dairy. You could always use gluten-free pasta though if needed! 😍
Check out the full printable recipe below!
Happy Eating! -Chef Julie & the Mint Team 🌱
- 1/2 pound Shrimp washed and peeled
- 1 pound Angel Hair pasta cooked. Sub Gluten-free pasta if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 T Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Butter
- 1 each Shallot minced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Broth
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 cup Heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 Fresh lemon optional (about 2-3 tsp. of juice)
- Fresh Basil for garnish optional
- Cook Angel hair pasta according to instructions, drain and set aside
- Wash and peel shrimps
- Mince shallots and garlic
- On high heat, Cook shrimp in oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate — set aside
- In the same pan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the shallots and garlic and saute in butter
- Once shallots are translucent add white wine, bring to a simmer then
- Add fresh lemon & broth and let it simmer
- Season with salt and pepper
- Whisk in cream, let simmer for about 5 more minutes until slightly reduced. (reserved a small amount of the sauce to pour on top of the shrimp if desired)
- Toss the cooked pasta in the pan, coating it well with the sauce.
- Plate it up – First the pasta, then top with cooked shrimp, extra sauce, and garnish with basil.
- Enjoy your delicious Shrimp scampi!