Corn Pancakes are one of my absolute favorite childhood recipes my grandma used to make growing up. 🌽 🥞 It’s actually a super easy recipe that’s vegan & can be gluten-free too. They’re crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside & super delish!
Check out the printable recipe below and let us know if you made them by tagging @MintPersonalChef
Easy Corn Pancakes Recipe
- 1 each 15-oz can of corn (including the water)
- 2-3 T. Sugar or sub coconut sugar
- 5-6 T. AP Flour or sub AP Gluten-free flour
- 1.5 tsp. Cinnamon
- .5 tsp Salt
- 4-5 T. Oil for frying use a high-temp oil like safflower
- To Taste Agave nectar or Maple Syrup Optional
- Make the batter. Place the entire can of corn in a mixing bowl, including the water.
- Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Check the consistency and add more flour to thicken or water to loosen. It should fall off of a spoon easily but thick enough to hold it's shape when frying.
- Heat a medium/large saute pan on medium heat. Add the oil so it coats the bottom of the pan. Let heat a few minutes.
- Test the batter by frying a small amount. Flip as soon as the edges are cooked and the first side is crispy brown.
- Adjust the batter if needed before frying the rest.
- Cook in batches, making sure to leave space between the pancakes. Using a spatula, flip the pancakes when the edges start to cook and they are crispy and golden brown.
- Prepare a plate or pan lines with paper towels to drain the pancakes when they finish cooking.
- Plate and top with Agave Nectar or Maple syrup. Serve hot & enjoy!