How to make Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry! 🥦🥕🧅🌶🍚🥢
It’s simple yet healthy + delicious. If you have random veggies in your fridge that you always seem to throw out then this is the video for you! Don’t like a vegetable I’m using? No worries you can completely customize this dish using your favorite vegetables. Besides having a delicious meal, it will cut down on waste too. 🌱
Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1/2-1 each Red Onion julienned (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 each Bell peppers julienned (sliced lengthwise)
- 6 pieces Mushroom quartered
- 1 bunch Asparagus chopped in 2” pieces
- 2 each Zucchini bias cut
- 1 cup Snow or Snap Peas trimmed
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 each Lime juiced (optional)
- 1" Fresh ginger grated (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T Coconut oil or oil of your choice
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- Cilantro or Scallions garnish (optional)
- Rice or rice noodles (optional)
- 1 T Rice Vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Tamari or Coco Aminos
- 1 T Garlic Chili Sauce (optional, to taste)
- Start by preparing and chopping the vegetables. You can use any mix you like.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, tamari, lime juice, vinegar, chili garlic sauce & 2 Tablespoons of water and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan or wok on high heat, add the oil. Cook the vegetables that take the longest first. Start with the onion, bell pepper and mushroom.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- When they are translucent (about 4-5 minutes or so), add the garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the veggies that cook the fastest last – add the asparagus, snap peas and zucchini. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Add in the sauce and mix well. Cook just until the sauce has thickened slightly and the asparagus is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and plate it up. Garnish with cilantro or scallions & enjoy!
- Use your favorite veggies and make substitutions as needed.
- It’s gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free tamari.