Healthy No-Fried Rice Recipe
Who doesn’t love a healthy version of comfort food? This is one of those dishes that tastes delicious AND is good for you, it’s a win-win. 🍚🍳🌱
Healthy No-Fried Rice
Who doesn’t love a healthy version of comfort food? This is one of those dishes that tastes delicious AND is good for you, it’s a win-win.
Servings: 4 portions
- 2-3 cups Jasmine Rice day old rice is preferable but fresh is OK too
- 6 each Baby Carrots diced
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 1 each Bell pepper small diced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms small diced
- 1 cup Peas chopped
- 1 bunch Scallions chopped
- 2-3 each Garlic cloves minced
- 1 " Fresh ginger grated (optional)
- 1 T Fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 cup Tamari
- 2 each Eggs (omit for vegan)
- 3 T Coconut oil
- 1 T Sesame oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Micro cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions for the Omelette
- On the stove top, heat a non-stick pan on medium.
- Crack open the eggs in a bowl and whisk well.
- Cost the pan with a bit of oil and add the eggs.
- Stir for the first min until about half is still liquid, then using a spatula spread evenly in the pan and let cook for approximately 2 minute or so.
- When a majority of the egg has cooked, flip the omelette and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Eat right away or remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
Instructions for the Fried Rice
- Start by preparing the omelette, once cool chop and set aside.
- Prepare all the veggies by cutting them up & setting aside
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, tamari, lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil & 2 T. of water and set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat the coconut oil, saute the bell pepper, onion & mushroom until translucent.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes.
- Next add the carrots and stir in the sauce, bring up to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender, about 5-10 minutes. Add a touch more water if it starts to get too dry.
- Add the snap peas the last 3-5 minutes
- Add in the rice and at the very end and mix well. Add in the omlette, mix.
- Plate it up and garnish with cilantro, enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @MintPersonalChef or tag #MintPersonalChef!
- Use your favorite veggies and make substitutions as needed.
- I like to use Jasmine rice but you can sub for your favorite kind
- Skip the egg to make this dish vegan!
- It’s gluten-free as long as you use a Gluten-free tamari.