Tasty “cheesy” vegan cashew sauce with low-carb zucchini noodles Recipe & tutorial! It’s quick a quick-comfort food to satisfy your cheese craving while helping sticking to your non-dairy diet! Recipe below!
Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Cashew Sauce
Low-carb zucchini "noodles" with Creamy vegan cashew cheese
Servings: 4 portions
- Zucchini cutter/ Spiralizer
- Nutribullet or Blender
- 4-5 Each Zucchini or Yellow Squash
- 1 Each Carrot, medium
- 1/2 Each Onion
- 5-6 Each Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Cup Cashew butter
- 1-2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast (optional, but will add a “cheesy flavor”)
- 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon juice Optional
- 2-3 tsp. Italian herbs or oregano
- 3 T. Olive oil
- 2-3 C. Vegetable broth
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- To Taste Fresh Basil chiffonade (optional garnish)
- 1/4 C. Cashew pieces (optional garnish)
- Cut off the ends of the squash, use a spiralizer to cut the “noodles” and Set aside in the fridge.
- Chop the onion, carrot, and garlic
- Heat 3 T. Oil on Medium-high heat
- Add the onion, season with Salt & pepper and Sauté until lightly browned
- Add in the carrots, Add in the dried herbs, season to taste
- Deglaze the pan with 1 T. vinegar or lemon
- Add in the cashew butter nutritional yeast, and the vegetable broth.
- Whisk and bring to a boil and down to a simmer until carrots are cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let cool for about 15 minutes or so.
- Once cooled, blend the mixture in a blender or Nutribullet. Puree the sauce in batches if needed.
- In a separate pan place the blended sauce. Place the pan back on the stove and bring to a boil again.
- Place zucchini noodles in the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes. The noodles will cook quickly so make sure not to overcook them.
- Plate and top with fresh basil and chopped cashew.
- Voila you have a delicious Vegan, gluten-free & low-carb meal!
- Add a couple teaspoons of chili peppers to make it spicy
- If you eat minimal dairy – top with a but of parmesan
- If you don’t have cashew butter make your own! Soak raw cashews in water overnight. Drain and blend.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 351kcal