Often times our personal chef clients will request a recipe for a dish they loved and they always get the same answer – we don’t normally use recipes! But you’re in luck because we put together a recipe for our vegan ricotta zucchini lasagna. You’re gonna love it (even if you aren’t vegan) so we obviously highly recommend giving it a try or you could just call us and we’ll make it for you! 😉
Are you vegan? Mint has Vegan meal prep options available. Give us a call to chat about it, we’d love to hear from you!
Vegan Ricotta Zucchini “Lasagna” Recipe
- 1 vegan ricotta recipe
- 1 tomato basil sauce recipe
- 3-4 zucchini (longer and thicker ones work best)
- Salt + pepper
- Prepare the tomato sauce and ricotta ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini. Using a mandolin, slice length-wise on a medium thick setting. Make sure the zucchini slice is whole. (about 1/8”-1/4” thick)
- In a 9X9 glass dish, coat the bottom with a little of the sauce. Line the bottom with zucchini slices, overlapping them slightly. Make two layers, season.
- Spread half of the ricotta evenly over the zucchini using a spatula. Cover with some of the sauce.
- Repeat layering with the remaining zucchini with the last layer ending with the remaining tomato sauce. Cover top with vegan parmesan or mozzarella if desired or leave plain.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is just cooked through.
- Let cool slightly before serving or can be refrigerated and enjoyed within a week.
Tomato basil sauce
- ½ yellow onion, small dice
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 15oz cans strained tomatoes
- Fresh Basil chopped roughly
- Dried oregano
- Salt + pepper
- Olive oil
In a sauce pan on the stove heat 1-2 T. olive oil. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until fragrant. Be careful not to burn. Season with salt, pepper + oregano. Add tomato sauce and about 1-2 T. water. Bring to a light simmer. Adjust seasonings and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
Let cool slightly then add the sauce and fresh basil to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Cashew ricotta Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt + pepper to taste
Soak the cashews for at least 1.5-2 hours in water to cover the cashews
Drain cashews, discarding the water and place all remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor, process until creamy. You can leave a little “chunkier” if you like. Taste and season to your liking with lemon, salt + pepper.
Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour to stiffen the mixture or use right away if needed. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3-4 weeks.
Makes approx. 16 ounces.
Let us know how it turned out by tagging @MintPersonalChef in your Instagram or Facebook post!