Energy balls are a healthy alternative for when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want a lot of sugar or calories. They’re super quick and easy to make as well. No baking necessary 😉
This is our version that we love but ingredients can be substituted (see our notes!). Grab them when you’re on the run and don’t have time or even store them at the office. They’re great for a little healthy energy boost!
Matcha Mint Chocolate Energy Bites
- Small food processor
- 1 cup Almond Flour or other nut flour
- 6 each Dates pitted
- 2-3 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 2-3 T Maple Syrup or Honey (or sub stevia to taste for Keto)
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- 1/4 cup Cocoa nibs or Mini Chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients except for the cocoa nibs until dough is formed. Adjust the sweetness level by adding a little more maple syrup or honey.
- Mixed in cocoa nibs last
- Form little balls by taking a heaping teaspoon of the dough and rolling tighter with hands. (If the dough starts to stick, sprinkle a little bit of water on your hands first)
- Place the balls on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in the fridge so they set up.
- Transfer to a freezer zip lock bag and place it in the freezer for up to a month!