Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta
How to make creamy basil pesto pasta. Make it vegan or gluten-free if you'd like
Servings: 4 servings
1 medium - large pot
1 colander or strainer
- 1 recipe Basil pesto (below) or you could use premade, although fresh is best!
- 1 pack (1 pound) Dried or fresh pasta of choice
- ½-3/4 Cup Heavy cream or sub a non-dairy alternative of choice or omit
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter or olive oil
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- As needed Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- As needed Shredded parmesan to garnish
Blend all the ingredients for the basil pesto recipe below. Leave the pesto in the food processor /blender.
Add the cream and blend together. Taste and add more cream if desired.
Boil the pasta until “al dente” or your preferred doneness
Drain the pasta, place back in the pot with the butter or oil and toss.
Mix in the creamy basil pesto sauce
Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
Enjoy hot right away and garnish with fresh basil!
-Add some red chili pepper flakes to make it spicy
-Make this gluten-free by substituting a Gluten-free pasta of choice
-For meal prep: Keep the sauce and pasta separate. After you drain the pasta immediately toss in cold water to stop the cooking and cool down. Toss pasta in the sauce right before eating.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 232kcal