Cheesy ricotta stuffed baby bella mushrooms make a great party appetizer or snack. They’re low carb, gluten free and super delish. Get the full recipe below!
Facebook Meal Prep Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194088237628100
Full Meal Prep Academy Course: https://mintpersonalchef.thinkific.com/courses/meal-prep-academy
FREE 5 day Meal Prep Challenge: https://mailchi.mp/61f1fb54634b/mintmealprepchallenge
Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 sheet pan
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1-16 ounce Mushrooms, Baby bella or button package (about 10-12 each)
- 1 16- ounce Ricotta cheese package
- ½-¾ Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herbs or oregano dried or fresh
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- ½-1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice (if desired)
- As needed Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep the mushrooms: Gently remove the stem of all the mushrooms
- Using a small spoon, scrape out the mushroom “frills” inside the mushroom to “clean them” and allow more space for the filling.
- Rinse the mushrooms
- In a baking pan, Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat then set aside.
- Make the filling: In a mixing bowl add the ricotta, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Stuff the mushrooms: Using a spoon, scoop about 1-2 Tablespoons of the ricotta into each mushroom until they’re all filled and the ricotta is used up.
- Top the mushrooms with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Brown the tops: This can be done using the high broiler setting on the oven the last 5 minutes or so. (Be very careful to watch them so they don’t burn!) OR a flame torch can be used to brown the tops on medium flame.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy hot right away or cool down and package them for meal prep.